- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Whiplash: A Common (and Serious) Cervical Auto Accident Injury
Whiplash is commonly associated with neck pain and trauma, as well it should be. But a case of whiplash sustained in an auto accident or other major impact can leave you with far more than a sore neck. If you've suffering from any of the wide range of debilitating symptoms associated with whiplash, you need immediate care. Our chiropractor at Golinsky Specific Chiropractic, Dr. Phil Golinsky, has the non-surgical, drug-free tools, techniques and skills to help you recover.
Whiplash gets its name from the whip-like motion that injures cervical vertebrae, discs and soft tissues in a sudden, high-energy impact. In an auto accident, for example, that impact might stop your car's forward motion, while your own forward momentum sends your neck and head flying forward. A rebound effect then occurs, whipping your neck and head back again with equal force. This action can have devastating effects on the body. Muscles and connective tissues in the neck can be strained and torn, while the cervical spine itself may lose its alignment. Discs in this region may bulge and/or herniate, pressing against the cervical nerve roots. All of this damage can add up to cause symptoms such as:
- Neck pain and loss of mobility
- Dizziness and nausea
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Vision problems
Oddly enough, having no symptoms whatsoever immediately after an auto accident can ultimately prove even more dangerous. If you feel fine you may not bother to see a chiropractor, when in fact hidden injuries are worsening day by day until you suddenly experience serious pain and physical limitation.
Suffering from Whiplash in Herndon, Sterling, Chantilly or Reston?
Golinsky Specific Chiropractic has helped many whiplash sufferers in the Herndon, Reston, Sterling, Chantilly, and surrounding VA area heal more quickly, thoroughly and comfortably. Dr. Golinsky specializes in the Upper Cervical Technique, which emphasizes detailed diagnostic procedures and gentle adjustment techniques ideally suited for this delicate area of the spine. If your cervical alignment has been thrown off balance, these long-lasting adjustments are likely to help. You may also benefit from other forms of natural, non-invasive care, including:
- Spinal decompression - The gentle application of distraction force can shift bulging or herniated discs back into their proper place, while also attracting fluids and nutrients to help them heal up.
- Cold laser therapy - This harmless, soothing laser technique helps injured, painful tissues receive more blood and oxygen, expel inflammatory substances and return to good working order.
- Vibraflex and Electro Stim - Both of these therapies can help your soft tissues regain their former strength even if you're not ready for traditional forms of exercise just yet. They can also help prevent further atrophy during the healing process.
Remember, you may be injured even if you feel all right, so now's the time to get your cervical spine checked out. Call 703-904-9666 to schedule a consultation with our chiropractor at Golinsky Specific Chiropractic!