Whiplash can make normal life painful and difficult. Unfortunately, many people with whiplash fail to recognize the symptoms of this condition and therefore fail to seek treatment. At Golinksy Specific Chiropractic, we use all natural, holistic techniques to help patients recover from their whiplash.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the neck jerks forward and then backward suddenly. This can cause small tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Whiplash is a common problem that occurs as a result of car accidents, athletic activities, personal injuries, occupational accidents and more.
What are the symptoms of whiplash?
The symptoms of whiplash include:
- Muscle stiffness
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Limited mobility
- Blurry vision
- Memory trouble
How long does it take for symptoms of whiplash to develop?
Typically a patient will not start to see symptoms for several hours or days after the accident occurs. This can make it difficult for the patient to connect the symptoms to the problem and may result in the symptoms being overlooked.
If you're involved in an accident, when should you seek medical treatment for whiplash?
It's a good idea to see a chiropractor immediately after an accident, even if you don't think you've been injured. Your chiropractor can diagnose your condition even if you haven't yet noticed the symptoms.
What can your chiropractor do to treat whiplash?
Chiropractors use a variety of natural and holistic techniques to treat whiplash, including:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to realign the vertebrae of the spine and restore good communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Spinal adjustment is done by hand or with tools. This technique is the basis of all chiropractic care.
- Spinal decompression. This technique is used to create negative pressure around the vertebrae of the spine. Spinal decompression is used to treat injured vertebral discs, reducing pain and helping the body to heal.
- Cold laser therapy. Cold laser therapy is used to stimulate the muscles and soft tissues that become tight and tense after an injury. Cold laser therapy provides pain relief and also helps the patient avoid assuming compensatory postures that can put pressure on the joints and muscles.
- Lifestyle advice. Chiropractors administer lifestyle advice that helps patients avoid further injury while they heal.
- Stretchesand exercise. Chiropractors teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can loosen tight muscles, improve blood flow and speed the healing process.
Where can you get whiplash treatment in Herndon VA?
Golinksy Specific Chiropractic is your source for whiplash treatment in Herndon, Reston, Sterling and the surrounding communities. We use all natural, non-invasive techniques to treat whiplash and other car accident injuries. If you've recently been involved in an accident, contact us at (703) 904-9666.