Acute and Chronic Neck Pain Treatment in Herndon at RxWellness Spine & Health
Cervical neck pain can be debilitating, as the pain and stiffness can cause loss of mobility that prevents you from being able to perform your work duties or common daily tasks. Left untreated, the pain typically progresses and can cause secondary conditions such as headaches, migraines and shoulder pain. Fortunately, our chiropractors in Herndon VA at RxWellness Spine & Health offers acute and chronic neck pain treatment to provide you with natural relief without the need for surgical procedures or prescription medications.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
We see quite a few cases of neck pain at our chiropractic clinic in Herndon, and patients often come to our clinic in desperate need of neck pain relief. The good news is that our holistic neck pain treatments in Herndon can alleviate most types of discomfort and help heal a number of injury types. Most neck pain is sourced by one of the following circumstances.
- Auto accidents, sports injuries, work incidents or other personal injuries can cause the neck to whip back and forth and cause whiplash. This condition involves torn muscles and tendons in the neck, making it painful to move at all.
- Postural issues are quickly rising as the leading cause of neck pain, particularly concerning a condition known as ‘text neck.’ This results from long periods of looking down at your smartphone, computer screen, reading materials or pouring over paperwork at your desk.
- Misplaced vertebrae in the neck can cause pain and numbness that radiates down through the shoulders and arms. Our neck pain treatments in Herndon can correct misalignments to reduce pain and prevent the formation of bone spurs and other problems.
- Repetitive motions such as looking back and forth for your work or while participating in sports is another common culprit. Wear and tear tend to affect people as they age and neck degeneration begins.
- Certain diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis, and cancer can also source pain in the neck region and even the shoulders.
Treatments for Neck Pain Relief at Our Chiropractic Clinic in Herndon
Our chiropractors in Herndon will consult with you and give you a comprehensive evaluation to determine the source of your neck pain. A treatment approach of integrated therapies will be recommended to help you get neck pain relief fast. Our treatment options include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign the cervical spine and take pressure off of surrounding nerve endings that source pain.
- VibraFlex® 450 therapy is an innovative approach to working out specific muscles without the stress of traditional exercise. These short treatments produce measurable results fast.
- Spinal decompression to help gently stretch the spine and cervical neck region back into proper positioning.
- Cold laser treatments to soothe deep pain and promote the healing process.
- Electric stimulation therapy to get pain-relieving endorphins flowing and to speed up healing neck injuries.
- Massage therapy can help you feel better in addition to making our adjustments and physiotherapy techniques more successful.
- Rehabilitation exercises and postural correction techniques can help you gain strength while healing to prevent recurrences.
You use your arms for almost everything from driving to cooking and working to playing. When your shoulders are in pain, you are limited. Chronic pain can change your mood too, so reducing your symptoms quickly is essential. Our chiropractors at RxWellness Spine & Health schedule your care immediately to prevent long-term concerns. Some reasons for shoulder pain include:
- Bursitis which is an inflammation of the small fluid-filled bursa sacs within the shoulder joint.
- Tendinitis which can be acute, from overuse, or chronic from arthriits, age or wear and tear.
- Frozen shoulder or should impingement in which the range of motion of the shoulder is limited and extremely painful.
- Displacement in which the shoulder joint is forced out of alignment- our chiropractors can immediately put that back in place.
- Arthritis which can accompany swelling and inflammation.
Contact RxWellness Spine & Health for Pain Relief
Our chiropractors will thoroughly examine your shoulders to determine that cause of your discomfort. A personalized treatment program is designed which includes education on proper posture, movement techniques and rehabilitation exercises. Schedule your appointment today by calling 703-904-9666. We serve the Herndon, Reston, Sterling, Chantilly and surrounding VA areas.