- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Neck and Shoulder Pain Treatment at RxWellness Spine & Health in Herndon, VA
The human body is fascinating and was designed to move freely, but sometimes, this movement is restricted by pain. Pains in the neck and shoulder can limit your participation in work, play and life activities, especially if your range of motion is compromised. The doctors at RxWellness Spine & Health in Herndon, VA are here to alleviate your neck and shoulder pain and return you to your favorite activities.
The structure of the neck and our fast-paced society can lead to neck injuries and discomfort. If you experience neck pain, you are among the 10 percent of Americans who have dealt with this condition. Fortunately, DR PHIL (as his patients call him) and his team can evaluate your condition to determine why you are experiencing pain. Causes of neck pain often fall into one of these categories:
- A strained muscle from improper posture. Leaning forward to work on a computer, extensive driving, looking down at a smartphone or reading in bed can all affect the neck muscles. Excessive downward looking cause the delicate vertebrae of the neck to move out of place. Our chiropractors can slide the bones back in alignment and reduce your pain.
- If the vertebrae remain out of place or if you have bone spurs, the nerves can compress which you feel as pain or numbness in the neck or in your arms and hands.
- Wear and tear occurs in your neck with the aging process or with repetitive movements. The joints in your neck may break down causing bone spurs and resulting in pain.
- Injuries from a car accident in which your head whips forward and backward also cause small trauma in the neck joints and muscles.
- Diseases such as meningitis, cancer and rheumatoid arthritis can also result in neck pain.
Our chiropractors can reduce the pain caused by these conditions and often, you will feel the difference after one visit. Plus, an adjustment carries a minimal risk compared with other non-alternative treatments.
You use your arms for almost everything from driving to cooking and working to playing. When your shoulders are in pain, you are limited. Chronic pain can change your mood too, so reducing your symptoms quickly is essential. Our chiropractors at RxWellness Spine & Health schedule your care immediately to prevent long-term concerns. Some reasons for shoulder pain include:
- Bursitis which is an inflammation of the small fluid-filled bursa sacs within the shoulder joint.
- Tendinitis which can be acute, from overuse, or chronic from arthriits, age or wear and tear.
- Frozen shoulder or should impingement in which the range of motion of the shoulder is limited and extremely painful.
- Displacement in which the shoulder joint is forced out of alignment- our chiropractors can immediately put that back in place.
- Arthritis which can accompany swelling and inflammation.
Our chiropractors will thoroughly examine your shoulders to determine that cause of your discomfort. A personalized treatment program is designed which includes education on proper posture, movement techniques and rehabilitation exercises. Schedule your appointment today by calling 703-904-9666. We serve the Herndon, Reston, Sterling, Chantilly and surrounding VA areas.