Neck pain is all too common ranging from everyday aging, sitting too long, or from accidents to the body or head. RxWellness Spine & Health is a top-rated chiropractor in Mclean, VA. We also serve residents in Tysons Corner and Vienna experiencing neck pain along with many other injuries and chronic conditions. Patients come to RxWellness looking for a chiropractor for not only these conditions, but for preventative treatment to ease daily life.
What Causes Neck Pain?
It is highly likely that at multiple points in a person’s life they will experience neck pain and seek chiropractic care. Neck pain is common for adults developing suddenly in either a sharp pain, stiffness or general soreness. Causes of neck pain range for individuals stemming from normal habits or routines to an actual accident or injury. These causes include:
- Aging – Cartilage begins to deteriorate with age and day to day life which can lead to the nerve root being impinged.
- Poor Sleep Positions or Poor Posture – Even one night of a position that doesn’t suit your body can offset alignment leading to extra stress on the neck. We see posture being an issue with many jobs or time at their desk.
- Whiplash – Most commonly seen from car accidents but can occur in sport injuries as well, whiplash is a soft tissue injury. In the jerky, sudden motions of an accident, the body is thrown in unnatural ways causing misalignment and triggering pain. Whiplash may appear right after an accident or delayed making it even more imperative to seek out medical attention right away. At RxWellness, our chiropractors in McLean, VA are most suited to treat whiplash through spinal adjustments, massage therapy and sometimes physical therapy. They have advanced certification in treating car accident injuries.
- Stress and Anxiety – These two hand in hand contribute to knots of tense muscles that limit range of motion and function in the neck.
- Pinched Nerve – In many cases, the cause of a pinched nerve is from a bulging disk slipping out between the vertebrae. The bone spurs in the vertebra can poke the surrounding nerves leading to that radiating pain many experience in their neck and shoulders, even running down their arm.
How Does A Chiropractor Treat My Neck Pain?
A cervical manipulation (or neck adjustment) is a precise force directly to neck joints used by chiropractic doctors. Adjustments are intended to loosen joints that may have been experiencing pain or moving poorly. A chiropractor uses hand-on spinal and soft tissue work to directly adjust and align the spine and neck. The movement is smooth with a goal to increase motion where it may have been restricted between the cervical and spinal segments.
By evaluating the spine as a whole, the chiropractor can pinpoint other regions that may be impacted as well. Like any adjustment, it increases range of motion and mobility by slight movement done with their hands. Chiropractic adjustments allows patients to treat pain more naturally with less pain medicine and bigger improvements in function.
Which Chiropractor in McLean, VA Should I Go See?
Though we can’t choose your chiropractor for you, we can tell you about our practice RxWellness Spine & Health. Here at RxWellness Spine & Health we believe in putting patient care first. That means we pride ourselves in creating an environment where our patients feel safe and relaxed. Additionally, we know that using several natural therapies with chiropractic care can provide optimal healing. This is why we include and offer a variety of additional services such as:
Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is a great tool to prepare the body for a chiropractic adjustment. Our skilled massage therapists decrease muscle tension and pain through a variety of techniques such as trigger point massage. Massage therapy prepares the tissue for the full mobilization of the joint below it.
Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is customized based on the unique treatment required for each patient. Patients are taken through a process of exercises and stretches to restore the body’s optimal functioning. This treatment includes three steps; relief care, corrective care and finally maintenance.
TENS unit: TENS unit is a small battery operated device that treats through low voltage electrical currents. When electrodes are placed on the surface of the skin, currents are directed to specific nerves to relieve pain.
With varying symptoms comes varying treatment plans. At RxWellness we specialize in neck pain treatment using state of the art equipment to find the underlying cause of the pain. Expect the chiropractic care at RxWellness to have four parts: a consultation, patient history overview, physical examination and an individualized treatment plan. When looking for a chiropractor in Mclean, VA for neck pain, know we promote a pain-free, natural solution. RxWellness uses x-rays, physical therapy, massage and adjustments to find the root of neck pain. If you are located in Mclean, Tysons or Vienna, VA book a consultation with our chiropractic facility today! Call our office at 703-904-9666 to make your appointment, or request the appointment online at our website.