If you suffer from sciatica, then you may have tried many remedies and medications to improve symptoms. It can be extremely frustrating when you are trying to live your life, but painful symptoms continue to interfere with your plans. When you decide to seek professional help and search for the best sciatica treatment near me, then it is no surprise when RxWellness Spine & Health pops up. Many people are starting to consider chiropractic care as treatment for various conditions, and sciatic pain is one of those conditions effectively treatable by a qualified chiropractic care team.
What Is Sciatica
Sciatica is the term used to describe pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve branches from the low back through your hips and down each leg, and pain usually affects one side of the body. Symptoms of sciatica can vary widely between patients and are usually characterized as pain that can be felt anywhere along the sciatic nerve path. Some patients report experiencing mild ache or a sharp burning sensation, and others report electric shocks and excruciating pain. In some cases, patients will report numbing, tingling, or muscle weakness in the leg or foot of the affected nerve.
Causes of Sciatica
Sciatica is the result of injury or irritation to the sciatic nerve. You may be at a higher risk of developing sciatica if you previously suffered an injury to your lower back or spine. Other risk factors that could potentially lead to the development of sciatica include the following:
- Normal aging is accompanied by many changes in the body, and some such changes include the wearing of bone tissue and the disk in the spine. This puts the sciatic nerve at risk of being pinched or injured by the changes in the bone.
- Being overweight
- When you carry more weight in the front of your body, it forces the back muscles to counterbalance to maintain stability. This can result in back strains that can damage the sciatic nerve.
- Lack of core strength
- The top half of the body has the ribs for additional support, but the lower half relies only on muscle. The core, which is made up of the muscles in the back and abdomen, provides the only support for the lower back. A stronger core means more support, but a weaker core leads to a higher risk of injury to the sciatic nerve.
- Osteoarthritis, which is the degeneration of joint cartilage and bone, can cause damage to the spine and increase the risk of nerves being damaged.
- You are inactive
- Sitting for prolonged periods can also increase the risk of sciatica.
- Lack proper lifting posture
- If you do a lot of lifting, but do not practice proper form, it can lead to a low back injury, which can increase the risk of developing sciatica.
- Work a labor heavy job
- Working jobs that require constant heavy lifting like movers, delivery drivers, or other such professions can lead to a low back injury.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica Pain
Sciatica affects about 40 percent of people, and mild causes usually resolve on their own; however, severe cases may require medical intervention to relieve discomfort. Chiropractic care is a form of natural treatment that provides favorable outcomes. Many patients prefer chiropractic care to other forms of treatment because it is non-invasive and holistic. When you work with a chiropractor, they can provide hands-on manipulation techniques to specific areas of the spine to relieve discomfort and pressure from the sciatic nerve. When searching for the best sciatica treatment near me, it is important to consider working with a professional that aims to treat your discomfort by doing more than simply prescribing medication to numb the pain.
Best Sciatica Treatment Near Me
If you are searching for sciatic treatments, then RxWellness Spine & Health is the best place to receive treatment. We have multiple offices located throughout the DMV area, the best-qualified chiropractic care team, and the most skilled massage therapists in the country. The doctors examine each patient and take an individual approach to create a treatment plan. If you come in with sciatic pain, they may recommend an X-ray to help them see any issues with the lower back. They will use all information gathered to construct a plan to help you see improvement in pain symptoms.
RxWellness Spine & Health for Sciatic pain
At RxWellness Spine & Health, we strive to provide our patients with the best chiropractic experience that considers all their concerns and recommends the best course of treatment to address them. We utilize state-of-the-art equipment like cold laser therapy, electric stimulation, VibraFlex technology, and spinal decompression therapy. Our goal is to help our patients see an improvement in their discomfort, and our team will recommend any treatment they believe will help you achieve that. When you work with our doctors, they will try to understand your conditions, so they can help you live a happy, healthy, and pain-free life.
Symptoms of sciatica can be painful and sometimes debilitating, however with the right team in your corner, you do not have to suffer alone. When you work with the RxWellness chiropractic team, your recovery is our top priority. So when searching online for, “Best Sciatica Treatment Near Me,” search no further than RxWellness Spine & Health. We have multiple offices located across the DMV, so visit our website to find the office most convenient to you. If you have any questions or would like to set up a consultation at any of our offices across the Virginia, Maryland, and DC area please give us a call at 1(703) 904 9666 or book a consultation online.