Can Chiropractic Care Improve Digestion
Everyone has their preferences when it comes to food, preferences that range from spice to temperature or from nutritious to junk. There are many ways for how food can be prepared and an even more complicated set of digestive restrictions that influence what someone can place on their plate. Deciding what to eat may already be complicated, so digestive issues may only add to an already difficult process. Chiropractic care can have major positive benefits on digestion, and if you are wondering can chiropractic care improve digestion, then let the chiropractors at RxWellness Spine & Health explain.
Possible Causes of Digestive Issues
There are a variety of problems that can contribute to digestive issues or disorders that can make breaking down food difficult. Some common causes of digestive are:
- Not chewing your food enough
- Chewing begins the digestive process, and inefficient chewing forces the pancreas to produce more enzymes.
- Low HCL
- HCL breaks down protein, but if you lack sufficient B vitamins, chloride, zinc, and magnesium, then your body cannot make HCL or efficiently break down protein.
- Low Bile
- The liver produces bile that helps break down fat, if bile is low then fat cannot be broken down properly.
- Low Enzyme
- A high sugar diet can oversaturate the pancreas and makes it unable to efficiently break down fats, proteins, and carbs.
- Bacterial Overgrowth
- Undigested food in the colon is digested by bacteria. If too much food is undigested, it will lead to an overgrowth of bacteria.
Some common digestive disorders that contribute to poor digestive health are:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Home Remedies for Digestive Issues
There are thousands of people who suffer from digestive issues every day, issues that stem from a variety of causes that range from insufficient chewing to celiac disease. Working with a chiropractor may be the best way to improve digestive health, but there are also a few home remedies you can try while you wait for your appointment. Some home remedies are:
- Drinking more water
- Water helps the body effectively absorb and digest nutrients.
- Add mint or ginger to your diet
- Mint can reduce muscle spasm and prevent vomiting
- Ginger speeds up contractions and helps move food through the stomach quickly.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol
- Smoking irritates the throat and increases the possibility of upsetting the stomach.
- Alcohol is difficult to digest and can irritate sore stomach tissue.
- Eating plain rice
- Rice can absorb toxins and add bulk to the stool
- Eat bananas
- Bananas can loosen up the stool and help relieve constipation.
How Chiropractic Care Can Improve Digestion
Organs like the stomach and intestines play a major role in the digestive process, and are regulated by nerves that pass through the spine. Those nerves carry important regulatory information from the brain to various organs in the body. If those nerves are compressed by spinal subluxations or tight muscles, then they are unable to effectively send important messages to regulate certain processes. If a subluxation occurs at a certain location in the spine, it can disrupt digestive functions and result in problems like diarrhea or constipation. Chiropractic adjustments attempt to relieve pressure on the nerve, and allow it to efficiently relay regulatory information from the brain to the digestive organs. This may relieve symptoms of discomfort or improve digestion.
When you book a consultation, the chiropractor might apply gentle and direct pressure to a specific area of the spine to increase blood and oxygen flow to the area. The goal is to relieve pressure off the nerve and allow them to function unburdened.
Digestive Care and RxWellness Spine & Health
When you book an appointment at RxWellnes Spine & Health, the chiropractor will listen to you to get an understanding of your list of presented symptoms. They will also do an examination, which may include an X-ray. The purpose of the initial consultation is for the doctor to weigh your list of presented symptoms with the results of any test they administer. They will then use this information to create a personalized treatment plan, which may consist of chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, cupping, or any other drug-free non-invasive treatment that the doctor believes may benefit you and improve your digestion health.
Eating and digestion are an integral part of life, and so many people are able to enjoy every meal they consume without fear of diarrhea or constipation, and proper chiropractic care can change that. Hopefully, you now have a better idea of how chiropractic care can improve your digestive health, and how the chiropractors at Total Wellness Solutions can help you understand and manage your wellness. If you are still wondering can chiropractic care improve digestion, then give us a call at 1+(703) 904 9666 or book an appointment online, and we would be happy to explain in further detail.