Joey is skeptical about chiropractic care and is unsure if it’s the right option for him. He has been experiencing stiff shoulders, tight pain in his neck, and occasional headaches. He constantly tries to stretch when the pain becomes intense, and will usually take some over-the-counter pain medication when the headaches begin. One of his friends recently suggested that he seek chiropractic care, but he has never really been a fan of doctor’s offices and chiropractors freak him out. He’s seen videos online of neck adjustments and the cracking sounds, and he just can’t bring himself to let someone do that to him. He is in a lot of pain, but he’s nervous that chiropractic adjustments might be unsafe and painful.
Are Joey’s concerns valid? Should he be nervous about scheduling a chiropractic appointment? And if he does schedule an appointment, is chiropractic treatment safe and effective? At RxWellness Spine & Health Herndon, we see many patients with concerns that range from poor posture to auto accident injuries. We see patients who receive routine adjustments monthly, and patients who have never seen a chiropractor in their life. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, our team of qualified professionals is here to help address your major concerns, so you can enjoy a life free from chronic pain and discomfort.
Is Chiropractic Treatment Safe and Effective
Yes, when done by a trained medical professional, chiropractic care is a safe and effective form of treatment. The adjustments can successfully treat conditions like back pain, neck pain, joint stiffness, fibromyalgia, and so many other types of chronic discomforts. Chiropractic adjustments also improve spinal mobility and can reduce compression of the central nervous system, which can improve neural communication and the optimal processing of various systems throughout the body.
When is Chiropractic Care Recommended
Chiropractic care is recommended for anyone interested in living a lifestyle that does not include constant pain. It can be an effective form of preventative care or can be useful for treating various injuries and conditions. You should consider chiropractic care as a more immediate option if any of the following apply to you:
- You have a limited range of motion
- Chronic back pain
- Recurring headaches
- Your shoes wear out differently
- You were recently involved in an auto accident or workplace incident
- You sit for long periods
- You are an active person
What to Look for in a Chiropractor
When you work with a chiropractor, you want someone who will help you see the best results. It can be extremely frustrating to receive an ineffective care plan, and the right professional will have a major impact on your recovery outcome. So, here are a few tips on what to look for when looking for a chiropractor:
- They listen to understand Try to find a doctor who is interested in getting a full understanding of your discomfort.
- They should take a detailed account of what you are experiencing.
- They should complete examinations and run necessary tests.
- They are friendly For some people chiropractic care can be long-term and depending on the reason for your visit, multiple visits may be required. You want someone friendly, kind, and who will make you feel comfortable on every visit.
- They answer all your questions and create an environment where you feel comfortable gathering more information.
- They explain their technique (always ask) There are many different techniques used by different doctors, so you want to be familiar with what technique your doctor uses.
- They should be able to explain what they are doing in a way that is easy to understand.
- They should be able to tell you exactly how each treatment can help you.
- Do they take your insurance? Your insurance plan may cover certain amounts of chiropractic visits, so you want to know what your insurance will cover and what you will have to pay out-of-pocket.
- You want to find a clinic that offers great service, but is also a good financial option for you.
- Do they have any Specializations? Why did you decide to see a chiropractor now, and do they have any additional skills that may be beneficial to you?
RxWellness Spine & Health
When you work with the RxWellness Spine & Health Herndon team, we will take the time to understand your needs for recovery so we can recommend the best care plan that will help you see the most results in the shortest possible time frame. We will always listen to your concerns and customize a recovery plan designed to address the needs of your specific body. If this is your first time receiving chiropractic care from RxWellness Spine & Health, here is what you can expect:
- Relief Care
- The objective is to reduce your pain and get you to a point where the discomfort is no longer constant or excruciating.
- Corrective Care/ Restorative Care
- Goes beyond pain management and attempts to heal the root cause of the problem by addressing the source of the discomfort.
- A preventative wellness approach to long-term joint and spinal health. In this stage, you are healed and are no longer in pain, but are taking the initiative to preserve your health and wellness.
There are many people who remain skeptical about chiropractic care, and at RxWellness Spine & Health in Herndon, we love turning skeptics into believers. Routine adjustments are a great source of preventative care and can improve your overall quality of wellness. If, like Joey, the cracking sounds have you asking, is chiropractic treatment safe and effective? Just remember that when you work with the RxWellness Herndon team, your safety and care are our biggest priorities. Our doctors are specifically trained and qualified and our massage therapists are skilled and effective. The majority of our patients describe their experience as gentle and compare it to a day at the spa. If you are still unsure of chiropractic care, give us a call and tell us about your major concerns. We are available at 1+(703) 904 9666 or you can book a consultation online. We are located at 950 Herndon Pkwy Suite 130, Herndon, VA 20170.