Even though lasters are more than half a century old, they are commonly thought of as something out of science fiction. But lasers are used every day in varying technologies and even in medicine. Here at RxWellness Spine & Health we use a state-of-the-art treatment known as cold laser therapy. Cold laser therapy is a non-surgical treatment that relieves pain and speeds healing in soft tissues.
Treatments Offered at RxWellness Spine & Health
Don’t let the term “cold” puzzle you. Cold laser therapy treatment is also known as low-level laser therapy to differentiate it from the higher energy level of a surgical laser. While the surgical laser cuts and cauterizes incisions, a cold (non-thermal) laser beam passes right through the skin surface without leaving a mark or causing even the slightest discomfort. The beam can enter tissues at a depth of up to 5 centimeters, allowing it to interact with fairly deep tissues. The beam then proceeds to convey some amazing benefits, including:
- Accelerated healing – Dr. Golinsky often prescribes cold laser therapy to help injured soft tissues heal. The laser energy causes cells to produce more ATP, a substance critical for cellular repair. The extra ATP leads to more efficient re-growth of tissues and faster recovery from accident injuries or surgical wounds. Even bone and nerve tissues can repair themselves more effectively with the aid of cold laser therapy.
- Pain/inflammation relief – Cold laser therapy offers a drug-free means of reducing pain and inflammation. The energy enhances blood flow in the treatment site; this helps healing nutrients reach the site more efficiently while also enabling tissues to rid themselves of pain-causing inflammatory substances. The boost in circulation also helps reduce swelling. If you suffer from chronic muscle tightness that contributes to your discomfort, our chiropractors can use cold laser therapy to help those muscles loosen up, easing pain.
These benefits make cold laser therapy a great complement to chiropractic adjustment and other natural therapeutic techniques. The RxWellness chiropractic team may include it in the treatment of:
- Sports or workplace injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Osteoarthritis and other degenerative joint diseases
- Wound healing
- Nerve or bone regeneration
At Rxwellness Spine & Health, cold laser therapy treatment is safe, non-toxic and non-pharmaceutical — a great advantage for individuals who cannot take painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs. A typical session is as easy as resting comfortably for a few minutes as the laser does its work. If you need a chiropractor in Herndon and nearby areas who has the most advanced methods for helping you feel terrific, Contact us at 703-904-9666 today and find out whether cold laser therapy is right for you! We are located at 950 Herndon Parkway Suite 130, Herndon VA.